Re: [MV] M1009 Turbo

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 20:36:58 PDT

It's a minor point, but apparently not commonly known, that the GM 6.2 diesel
was actually designed by Chevrolet at the GM Tech center in Warren and then
control of production and design was turned over to Detroit Diesel after
production was started. My brother-in-law's wives brother works for the GM tech
center and was involved in the design of the 6.2 diesel way back. We were
discussing the 6.2 diesel at a family gathering. (For some reason that sounds a
little strange) We also went to school together. He is now involved in the
testing of the new Duramax engine that was designed by Isuzu. Apparently that
is one strong engine.

Dave