WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #39

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 08:37:55 PDT

Stripped the dash and over dash (windshield wiper) area last night.

A couple questions for the collective wisdom / resources of the list:

First, I am missing a couple parts after sand blasting. One of them is no
big deal, the ring/washer that goes between the head light bucket and the
fender itself. Anyone have a spare they'd like to exchange for $, or know
of a source?

The other is kind of mission critical. I've been back to Western Sandblast
twice now, it's not there, and it's not in my garage... I think somebody
else using West Sandblast took a bonus cross member home. Supporting the
wooden back floor of the Carryall are five cross members. They are welded
to the bottom of the body and span the frame to support the floor. They
are "U" shaped with flanges extending from the top of the "U". Turn one
upside down and it would look something like this "_n_".

The welds to the body had broken on the second cross member from the front
on my truck and it came out with the old wood. I was paying a lot charge
for the sand blasting so I figured I'd through it in with the load. Hind
sight is 20/20.

Is this thing unique to the Carryall, or did the WC51, 52, 54's use the
same underbody supports? Does anyone have one they could part with?

One more question. Can anyone recommend a good source for data
plates? Mine have all seen better days.

Thanks!

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000