Re: [MV] FBI at Door!!!!!

From: Jay (dagobertii@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 09:15:24 PDT

I hate to tell the numbnuts jerk at [the site], but has anyone here
ever heard of CARNIVORE? It's the FBI's version of the Internet
moniteering program similier to what the NSA does on international
transmissions, and it's set up to alert them to any kind of threatening
activity by scanning for certain keywords in messages, and flagging
those messages with the keywords in them to be checked. It's actually
not a bad idea, from a counterterrorism aspect, although by now I'm sure
our little list has already long since been "flagged" and inspected, and
having determined that while we have an unusual interest, there aren't
any terrorist types amongst us. That's their job, and franky we're
probably safer for their doing it. BUT when some asshole like the
gunbroker guy turns around and starts making false accusations against
us to them, that opens the door for those in the agency who may be
looking for any excuse to "flex their muscles". I'm no criminal-
opinionated, perhaps, but no criminal, and I resent his implying so.
Like I said, we all need to complain to this guy's ISP about about his
actions. And for a fellow NRA-type to do this embarasses me all the more.