WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #40

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 07:42:26 PDT

Driver's side door and surrounding sill is done. I would encourage anyone
taking on this kind of project to pay the money and let the sandblaster
handle it. I certainly wish I had.

Speaking of sandblasters, the missing cross member is a "hat channel". A
term I'm familiar with but the brain didn't relate the two during
yesterday's email writing. Thanks again to those who helped me
re-establish the connection.

So, Anyone have a spare hat channel from a WC53, or at this point, WC51 -
63? If not, I'm sure a suitable substitute can be found at one of the
local metal supply yards.

And thanks for the leads on data plates.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall
'66 M274A2 Mule

PS - Bill, The M37 has four bow channels on the passenger side to allow for
the bed mounted spare tire. The bench on that side is shorter to make
room, hence the extra channel at that point.