RE: Marine Corps Mutts

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 12:12:32 PDT

Dear Listers........

a chap in the USA has very kindly sent me a photo of an ex-USMC M151A1,
nothing unusual about that, I hear you say............ but there IS
something unusual about it.

On the transmission tunnel cover, just rearward of the main gearlever, an
"L"-shaped bracket has been bolted to the cover. The bracket is about 2 inch
x 2 inch.
I have a photo of this one.

On another transmission cover, the "L"-bracket is there, and attached to it
is a piece of steel tubing, approx 1 1/4" diameter and 6" long. The tube is
obviously too short to be an MG barrel stabiliser, so has anyone got any
ideas as to what it is for? This should, I hope, be an easy one for all you
Semper Fi types.......

Thanks in advance for any clues.........

Kind regards..
Ken