Re: Civil War reenactors list?

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 06:32:02 PDT

Howdy!
         I used to have an original 1904 McClellan saddle, but now have a
Repro 1858 McClellan with Repro horse. =^) Dang, them horses are hard to
find parts for. Mine's almost complete, anyone got a spare Right Eye
laying around? Once I get that, she'll be finished. =^) My saddle came
from FBurgess & Co. www.fburgess.com He also rebuilds 1904 McClellans
using original tree & hardware. Only new parts are the leather &
rawhide. He does an amazing job of hand stitching the saddles. Long wait,
but well worth it!
         Of course I haven't mentioned this lately, but the Atlanta History
Center has a Military Wagon from Sherman's Army during the March to the Sea
( in the American Civil War). It was used by the 1st Division of the 20th
Corp. Pamplin Park in Virginia had a reproduction of it made for their
museum. The company that made the repro is about 1 hour south of me. I
think the name of the shop that made the repro is Welliver's.

Brian Mead