Re: [MV] Georgetown, Tx Air Show

From: Pike Bishop (wildbunch1@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 15:57:21 PDT

Glad to see something I started doin' (bringing my military vehicles and
machine guns), to air shows almost 20 years ago, continuing and going
strong!!
Usually participating in the Tora, Tora, Tora act at the opening with maching
guns blazing, halftracks and jeeps rollin' and bombs goin' off was a real
hoot and a hell of a lot of fun!! We "shot" down plenty of jap zeros and
everybody, including the crowds enjoyed themselves. I think the folks really
appreciate the military vehicles at these events. We'd also pull double duty
by pulling/extracting stuck motor homes or even aircraft from the mud!
Helped the local police of Highway Patrol throw down traffic cones (no one
argues with a Halftrack on the highway with 3 live Browning machine guns on
it!), and run out and get pilots from way across the field, usually with a
cold beer or soft drink for them too.
Pike
TEXAS!