Re: [MV] M35A2 question

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 15:25:07 PDT

An unrelated story may explain this.

When I was a kid,..... oops, still am,..... ok ,....
when I was chronologically impaired, my father had an
International bus that had been converted into a
camper. It, too, had a "U" type shift pattern but the
shift pattern on the knob had been changed with what
looked like a jack knife!!

In the associated manual I found an explanation. It
said that the shift pattern had been changed to allow
for more "spin time" because the shift from 3rd to 4th
had caused too much grinding. This was, apparently,
an after-market solution. I don't remember the exact
date of manufacture of this bus but it was late '50's
early 60's.

Joe