Re: [MV] Value of WC-54

From: Brandon K. (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 08:25:22 PDT

Jerry,

To directly answer your question, I would guess it is
worth anywhere from $750 to $2,500. I purchased mine a
few years back for $1250 in a condition similar to
what you indicate.

Ambulance parts to complete a restoration are very
hard to come by!

Used steps sell in the $400-$500 range and a pair of
front seats can fetch $500-$600. The parts I got for
my Ambulance I had to import from Belgium ($$$$). I
looked for over a year in the US and couldn't find ANY
of these items for sale. I bought the only two sets of
parts the dealer had and resold the excess.

The toolboxes, troop seats, littler brackets, and IV
hooks in the rear are difficult to find also.

Body condition is very important since the roof tends
to rust out where it joins the side walls (the
insulation inside the body is cardboard). The closed
cab windshield frames rust out too, it's hard to find
a decent one. The leaking, rusted out windshield frame
can cause the front floor to rust out as well. Even
vehicles in dry climates (like Southern California)
can have extensive rust.

Most of the WC-54 mechanical parts are interchangeable
with other WC 3/4-Ton Dodge vehicles, although the
springs, fuel tank, and rear driveshaft are different.

Have a look at my WW2 Ambulance Resource Page for
further information
(http://www.koolpages.com/ww2ambulance/). I have some
WC-54's shown there that are for sale. Check out my
links page for WW2 Dodge parts dealers, other WW2
Dodge web pages, and ambulance/medical pages to help
you kit out your ambulance.

I also have an extensive photo collection and some
historical information I will be posting at a later
date. Anyone that can help me upload this to the 40
megs of space Arthur has reserved for me on his
server, please contact me directly!

Thanks,

Brandon