M151 engine problem Suggestions?

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 15:50:55 PDT

My M151A2 (AKA Piece of S*) did something today that it did late last year:

I had just had it inspected and was about a mile away and was pulling a
moderate hill at about 40 in 3rd. All of a sudden it seemed to lose power
and the temperature rose to over 220 degrees. It then started to pop back
thru the carb. I though maybe I was running out of gas and pulled out the
choke which seemed to help. A little past the top of the hill, everything
returned to normal.

Suggestions?

Steve AKA (I like my deuces...)