Re: [MV] M151 engine problem Suggestions?

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 09:06:57 PDT

The fact that you can pull out the choke and make it run better points to a
fuel problem, it sounds just like what happens when my old Ford 9N fuel filter
starts to plug up. The backfiring through the exhaust happens on my Ford
tractor when any liquid hits the distributor wires. Did the radiator blow
some coolant out the radiator overflow that might have landed on some ignition
wires?

I'd check out fuel flow first. I bet you have a clogged filter somewhere.
Then check out the points, make sure they are adequately gapped and the wires
and distibutor cap are dry inside.

Dave