Merlin Engine

From: Pike Bishop (wildbunch1@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 08:11:05 PDT

In combat during the war as I recall, standard TBO on your standard dash 7 or
dash 9 Merlin was about 200 hours. Today I think it's about double that.
Great power plant! Anyone need one?
I believe towards the end of the war, with Germany being bombed relentlessly,
they were forced to use common everyday metals as opposed to the high-tech
stuff in their jet engines giving them a low engine life.