Re: [MV] [MVlist] M4 Tanks

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 13:57:53 PDT

With a little better care (gentler) and better oil, I got 30,000+ from my
GMC 270. It is being replaced in a couple of weeks as it is tired. 104 hp
and 11,000 lbs of truck. It works it heart out...

CCKW clutches will last if adjusted correctly. I have 7-8 different manuals
for the cckw and only one has the correct adjustment. Forget the free play.
Adjust it so that it just barely disengages when the pedal hits the floor.
They fail from overstressing the spring.

Steve AKA Dr deuce