M-37 Brake ?

From: Lehmans (lehmans@execpc.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 06:30:17 PDT

Hello Learned Listers!

My 52'M-37 has started "weeping" brake fluid from the rears. Slow
dribble shows on the inside of the back tires. Now have to top off the
master now and then. I have not done anything to them since I got it
from the military 3 years ago. Per the seller brakes and lines were done
"a little while ago"...

Question 1 is: What could be leaking and what should I replace? (I have
not yet pulled the wheels off to look at anything)

Question 2. What has been your collective experience with putting disk
brakes kits into this vehicle? 2A. How much of a job is it (besides the
cost of the kit)?

Any hints and suggestions (opinions also) would be appreciated.

Regards,

Daryl Lehman
52' M-37

--