Re: [MV] M-37 Brake ?

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 07:49:15 PDT

I would pull the drums and check them out. If they are the wheel cylinders,
get yourself 2 rebuild kits. Now the kits will not come with the
pistons!!!! Just the inside seals and outer rubbers. Go to your local
sears and get the small honing tool. Hone them out a bit to clean them up,
make sure that there is no pitting inside the cylinder. Now when you hone,
there is a tolerence for the gap betwen the cylinder wall and the piston.
If your within the limit you should be ok. If its just outside you might
end up with a spungy pedal, maybe not. But before you go through all of
this, make sure your pistons are good!!!!! I have a bunch of the one end
but not the other. So I have a bunch of wheel cylinders waiting on some
pistons.

Jeff