paint comparisons

From: Tom Kelly (tjk2356@webtv.net)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 16:41:56 PDT

Dear Listees:
This is just my personal experience, but it's based on hands-on
experience painting my own as well as other peoples military vehicles.
Aervoe paint fades extremely quick, especially here in Arizona! I won't
use this paint ever again unless a customer can't be talked into
anything else (the customer is always right, even if he doesn't have a
clue!)
 I have had very good results with the Gillespe
paint and that's what I recommend and use on my own toy's. If your
vehicle is a show vehicle and not a driver it's worth the extra money
(about 80.00-90.00 dollars a gallon) to have Dupont custom mix a flat
acrylic in your desired color. I haven't done this yet, but saw it done
on a frame-up MB and it has held up well, altough admittedly it is
stored inside. What amazed me the most about it was it's resistence to
hand prints, kids touched this jeep all day and it loked great at the
end of the day! Most flat paints absorb body oil from hand prints like a
sponge, but this custom mixed stuff is really tuff. I hope this helps in
the arena of paint problems/descions.
                                        Tom Kelly