Re: [MV] [MV]What did your company do in the war dad...

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 15:05:54 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "chance wolf" <timberwolf@wheeldog.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] [MV]What did your company do in the war dad...

Just about any truck in the 1.5 ton - 2 ton class would have been tasked
with hauling a Bofors, certainly F30's and C30's would have been used, the
C30 was actually made as a LAA tractor and bodied accordingly. The F60 was
made as specially as an open cab variant with a Bofors mounted by Leyland in
the Kingston plant.

Some UK types were specifically made to operate the Bofors gun, the
Morris-Commercial C9/B mounted the Bofors like the F60 and the Bedford QLB,
Morris Commercial CDSW and Guy Quad-Ant were also made as specific Bofors
tugs with appropriate bodies.

Richard
Southampton - England