Re: [MV] Cracked MB Block - any suggestions ?

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 11:58:52 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Paisley" <paisley@erols.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Cracked MB Block - any suggestions ?

> [...] What will come into play is
> that it might be more economical to find an engine number close to yours
> than it is to weld up the original since the MB engine blocks did not have
> direct correlation to the vehicle serial number. [...]
> Todd Paisley
====================================
WILLYS - The only exception I know is for the 5,000 Canadian contract CDLV
241, 242 and 505 Willys jeeps made in batches between Feb 1942 and September
1942. The factory original engine's serial number was stamped on the data
plate on the dash/glovebox door along with the vehicle serial number and
date. The contract number was also marked on the dataplate.

I used to own a CDLV 241/242 jeep MB119021 (Feb 11/42) and a CDLV 505 jeep
(MB155796 July 2/42) and have assembled a database over the last 20 years of
jeep serial numebrs including many of these engine numbers.

Colin Macgregor Stevens

NOTE: I lost about 100 messages in early April, 11 or more messages on 2001
APR 30/May 1 due to a server problem and then whole ADSL system crashed for
first week of May! If you sent me a message during that time that was not
answered, please resend it. Thanks.

MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)