Re: [MV] GPW

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 08:03:39 PDT

Here is a note I sent to MV Sparers on their GPW Harness...If you hava had a
problem with their harnesses...let them know so that we can get them to make
the stuff right...Gene
At the Kansas City MV Show..I purchased one of your Harnesses for the
GPW..mine is a early 1942. I have 2 of the vehicles in the yard for
restoration. My first GPW was back in 1960.. So, you can imagine how many I
have fooled with since then.
I had the tub hung with the bottom side facing me so that I could install
the harness very easily.. I opened the box and began to lay out your harness
and was taken back by the harness (main) being wrapped in plastic/rubber
tape. My two originals are wrapped in cloth tubing..like the rest of your
harness. Also, several of the ends were not soldered. I only looked at a
few..there may be more. Not to mention that there was no way to connect the
harnesses together...you do not include the female connectors..the 2 and 3
connectors. For the price you charge for these kits, why the hell don't you
include fifteen cents worth of very important connectors ?? Now, I and
anyone else that buys one of these must run all over the place looking for
the connectors, wasting many dollars worth of time and gasoline looking for
maybe 50 cents worth of connectors that "should" have come with the kit. I
was very displeased with your kit. Needless to say..I did not use your
kit..nor will I unti I rebuild it to my satisfaction. I am not one to shut
up and go away..I put my views on the Military Vehicle List for all to
see... Gene, Colorado Springs.USA, Retired US Army