RE: [MV] Schriever-Habermohl flying disc

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 13:45:04 PDT

Andre,

I'm not sure if this has any connection with what you are looking for, but
15 years ago there was a prototype "flying saucer" mounted on a pedestal in
front of the Transportation Museum at Fort Eustis, VA. I believe that the
plaque explained that it was a prototype of a one-man recon. vehicle. The
soldier had to lay on his stomach to fly it as it was only about 2' thick.
Seems to me that it was driven by a fan that was ducted down through the
center of the craft.

John