Re: [MVlist] WW2 Patent Rights - was Jerry Can Funny Business

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 17:21:46 PDT

An interesting article in an old Look/Life etc mag about congress calling a
Dupont? exec on the carpet for failing to reveal the formula for synthetic
rubber developed in Germany with a license agreement to Dupont. All of a
sudden, all kinds of cooperation.

I had heard about this but had not given it any validity until I saw the
article. We had lost most all of our sources for rubber to the Japanese at
the begging of WW2.

They should have let the exec sit in Levinworth (jail) for the duration...

Steve