Re: [MV] Gillespie paint & other paint

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 08:55:25 PDT

Ned is right on the Hardener. It will come out as a Gloss instead of the
semi gloss. When I painted my M35A2 in #24087. I used Toluene, like it
says on the can. It worked out perfect for outside, by the time you got to
one end, the other was dry enough that bugs could land on it and not stick.
The only thing you really needed to watch for, if you know how to paint
without alot of runs is the dry spots. But without exception, I got a
couple of runs in mine................but as you know, its still accurate!!
While chatting with some Vietnam Vet truckers, they told me a little tip of
what they did before an inspection. They would wipe there trucks down with
Diesel fuel...............What a Shine!!!!

Jeff
Line Haul Historian