Re: [MV] Paint eq???

From: Steve (FLYNN1955@webtv.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 19:01:33 PDT

Try this...turn pressure up and air down,go to a larger fluid tip and
air cap on your gun.I use a Binks 2001 gun and 2 quart pot,run it up to
60 pounds if need to, like an airless.Get the viscosity right and let
the material do the work. Keep the cap clean,never ever put the gun in a
bucket of thinner or take the cap off.A good cap doesn't leak unless it
has been dropped or abused. When you take the cap off that is when you-
will- drop it and bend the fluid tip and needle! Hey HVLP is good,don't
waste your money on plastic,or anything else cheap.The trick to good
guns/pots, keep'm clean and lubed.I like to run mineral spirits and a
small amount of motor oil through the line if not using and going into
storage.I never leave solvents in the pot,especially hot solvents.A good
habit is to run clean thinners through system before using.These are
just a few thoughts that work for me,they may change as nothing is in
stone! I have learned these habits from past mistakes and good
experiences.Each person has his/her own way which works for them.I have
yet to us a good HVLP as they cost a''lot'' (let'm come down in price),
my set up is 18 years old and still serving well. Compressor also,20
gallon tank ,2 1/2 horse,like to have a little more horse. Volume is the
key,plenty of steady air.....

Oh yeah....the cheap ''vacuum cleaner'' HVLP's (electric blower and
small diaphragm compressor)blow hot air,compensate with solvent and
prepare for slow going,unless ya can crank it up! That dam hose though
is a pain,watch out for kinking...stop air..spit.@^&^%%!!!!!

Steve
WC51