Re: [MV] toe-in alignment gage

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 00:46:12 PDT

Bobbyjoe and list,
The original M211 toe gauge was merely a bundle of three sticks held in a metal clamp. The center stick in the bundle was able to slide. You extended it so that both ends made firm contact with the inner sidewall of the front tires, at the back of the wheel. You then rolled the truck gently backwards, until the gauge was at the direct front of the wheel, 180 degrees from where it started. An inch scale on the stick read directly how much in inches and fractions thereof the bundle closed or got shorter. I believe one could rig a telescoping curtain rod to make the same measurement. Hope this helps!
Jack