Newbie intro and "what colour is this?"

From: samfans (samfans@sprint.ca)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 17:08:29 PDT

Hi All,

New to the group, been lurking for a week or so.

I'm foremost a Jeep nut, all jeeps, but with a passion for the 503's that
can't be well vocalized (and surely doesn't have to be here :-).

Would love to own or restore one day, but current location (Atlantic Canada)
makes specimens extremely rare and resto prospects nonexistant.

One day....

I do have a slightly OT question I'm sure you can help me with.

I found some pics of a YJ in a colour I just love, but can't figure out what
it is...everyone just guesses "OD green".

Now that I've found the experts, perhaps you can have a look at it, and tell
me which of, say, the RAPCO shades would be the closest. I know the pics
aren't great and it's not much to go on.

Thanks all

Here's the link (may have to be cut and paste if it's too long to fit)

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/bcaliftan/lst?&.dir=/Paint&.src=ph&.view=t&st
art=1&.rand=51923463310

Bill

PS - I'm also a full-time career Canadian Air Force Officer