Willys MB and Navy IHC K-3 For Sale

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 22:46:18 PDT

  I rarely sell anything I own. I guess it's because I don't like
making excuses about
my stuff to people who could care less.
  On this list, everyone probably knows more
AND cares more about military vehicles than I, so here goes:
Willys MB Jeep, serial # 267436, DOD 9-25-43.
A terrible Buick aluminum V-8 conversion, wrong wheels, wrong rear
axle, ugly repairs to
frame, has original split windshield. Found data
plate in glovebox. Brain Surgeon previous owner cut hole in (original?)
hood for carb opening, then left outside without cover. Engine seized.
Tub? I don't know enough about these to tell if it's reusable. Has been
modifed heavily for Buick V-8. Perhaps a member of the J.W.P.S. (Jeep
Wreck Preservation Society) would like to adopt it.
$300.00 OBO
  On a different note, I'm selling a solid Navy
K-3 IHC 1 Ton pickup. Appears to be one of the
"black-out" no bright trim models. Previous owner said "ex-Navy". He
pulled a huge housetrailer with it from Indiana to California
40 years ago! Only real "Navy" indication is
military-style steering wheel. I'm not so hip on
military vehicles but I am hip about IHC. This
is a unusual K model. No bright trim AND military steering wheel makes
it a '42-'45.
  This one runs, stops, was registered up to a year ago. Has GRD
flathead, 4spd no-synchro
trans. 12V conversion started. If you insist, I'll
sand through the rock-hard old paint and see if I can find Navy numbers.
16" split rims with modern radials / tubes installed. $850.00
  The proceeds from above sales will go to
further research on my 1939 Ford--115th Quartermaster Rgt panel truck.
  If you wish to view these vehicles, you'll have
to come see them. I won't be ready for visitors
on either one until after son's H.S. Graduation
in two weeks.
  However, I will give anyone who is interested
a brutally honest evaluation.
  Thank You, Don Kenyon