Re: [MV] DUKW workbook

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 20:10:17 PDT

Hi Tony and list;

Just as a point of interest, Camp Gordon Johnson was located southwest of
Tallahassee Fla. and was one of the main anphibious assault training bases
used for training troops headed for the south pacific island hopping
campaign. You can still see a lot of the roads and trails along route 98
after you cross the Ochlochnee River bridge heading towards St. George
Island. The trestles used by the train from Tallahassee to the camp are
still visible on the Crooked River even though the tracks have all been
removed in the 50's.

best regards,
Jim
MVPA #17216