Re: [MV] M series Lube question

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 11:27:43 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "nick chance" <nchance@chanceit.fsnet.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 10:58 AM
Subject: [MV] M series Lube question

> Hi,
>
> My name is Nick Chance & I own an M55 truck in England. I am planning to
> change the transmission fluid in it soon, the Lubrication Order (LO
9-8028)
> states that GO 90 should be used above +32F & GO 75 for +40F to -10F. Can
> anyone please inform me if the replacement Oil is EP90, if not please let
me
> know of the SAE equivalents.

You are right, the American GO (gear oil) 90 is 90EP or Hypoid 90 to us, if
there is no phosphor bronze in the assembly you may usefully use the latest
GL5 spec oils which have much higher pressure tolerance over the GL 3 spec
probably available when the truck was made.

Richard
Southampton - England