Re: [MV] Deuce brake vent modification question

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 04:41:00 PDT

I encountered a unique vent modification on an M35A2 once. The vent line
and ell were removed and replaced with the type of vent found on
differentials.
The brake pedal was all the way down to the floor and I figured that the
master cylinder was defective, but when we loosened the cap the vacuum
in the master cylinder was relieved and the pedal returned to the correct
position. The vent had acted like a check valve and the resulting vacuum
prevented the piston from returning after the brakes were applied a few times.
I've also found the vent line cut off leaving about a 5" piece attached to
the cap
on a couple of trucks.
Joe Young