Oregon Miittary Museum Clackamas, Oregon

From: Richard (rvanhoo@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 07:02:58 PDT

SSgt Carrier's Hemet was indeed impressive, and the Armed Forces Day last
weekend did a lot to tell stories including the Korean experience. Have any
of you folks any history on the near invasion of Mainland China by US
Marines and their transportation department in 1955 using troops stationed
on Okinawa? Ike got his point across and the Marines had to put all that
gear back on the shelves.

More news from Camp Withycombe (named after a former governor) Out WWI
Liberty truck actually ran yesterday, Cough cough. The firewall went up on
Armed Force Day and the crew just couldn't wait.

Our Living History days-Armed Forces Day 2002 went on the drawing board
yesterday and if the weather is as good as it was last weekend we will have
our most outstanding performance.
Our target will include open house of our 1911 Artillery Horse Barn and are
asking for Civil War Council to help horse it up.

Our Hiller B model helicopter is still looking for doors and new plexiglass
and Hiller Museum and Fort Carson haven't located any. Surely there are
some doors out there. The port door is a bubble affair. HELP!

Richard.