Re: [MV] Belgium

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 18:12:25 PDT

ROYAL MUSEUM OF THE ARMY AND MILITARY HISTORY, BRUSSELS - BELGIUM Their web
site is http://www.klm-mra.be/frans/index.html

They have aircraft, Tiger tank, WWI Mk. IV tank, Renault FT17 tank (WWI also
used by USA), T-72, Joseph Stalin JS-2, T-34 Patton etc. etc.
They had an ORIGINAL WWII SAS jeep on display complete and with damage from
20mm German shells. It was closed when I visited in the winter c. 1974. I
have seen a magazine article about it. It should be very interesting.

This link shows you how to find it with a map.
http://www.klm-mra.be/frans/index.html

I found the people of Brussels to be most hospitable. Belgium has a special
place in the hearts of Canadians as so many of our servicemen died in the
liberation of that country in 1944-45.

If you see their SAS jeep, I'd LOVE some photos!

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)