RE: [MV] Can anyone help me find a ....

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 07:35:17 PDT

Yea.... BUT WHAT A GNOME!

rikk......I wannn...aaa....TANK!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of islander
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 1:05 AM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] Can anyone help me find a ....

Frank Robertson wrote:

>There are some around but get ready for big bucks AFTER you get it. Just
>transporting one in Tennessee runs about 18.00 a mile.

hehe... Exactly! Every once and a while non-MVers ask me about prices
for this and that out of curiosity. I said that you can buy any one of a
number of tanks for $30k-$50k. "Why are they so cheap compared to
something like a Surburban or other large SUV?". My answer is "you are
comparing the wrong things. Even the worst gas guzzling, hard to park,
expensive as heck to repair SUV is still within the bounds of being
functional. Instead, you should compare a tank with an oversized garden
gnome since both are lawn ornaments" :-) Yeah... I know... that is a bit
of an overstatement. Garden gnomes don't need a couple of thousand bucks
every year to remain functional :-)

Steve
6xM29c Weasels
[future owner of large armored garden gnome inspite of his better senses]