Canadian M151A2 Mutts

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 08:52:49 PDT

Dear Listers, especially those with ownership of, or access to, Canadian
mutts. Does anyone have a photo of the dash dataplate that they would care to
share with me , please?

I am particularly interested in the "CONTRACT NUMBER" and the "DATE OF
DELIVERY" boxes on the plates.

Various stories are doing the rounds..... one says that the DND bought "used"
US mutts, with their US dataplates left intact.......another story says that
DND bought new ones under specific contracts.

Any help here will be much appreciated.

ps.... this weekend is Mildenhall Airshow.... the biggest military airshow in
the world, so they say.
Some of the guys at the base still have an old M151A1 and they have asked me
to try to get it started......so wish me luck. I'll get a photo or two, at
least.
And if anyone wants a photo or two of USAF Hummers (there should be several),
let me know.

Kind regards.
Ken