Re: [MV] Thailand und Umlauts

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 22:11:11 PDT

Hmm...

Easier yet is to go to Settings-->Control Panel-->Keyboard-->Language,
and set up German (or whatever) as an alternate language. Then you
select which language you wish to use by simply pressing Shift+Left Alt.
That is a toggle: do it once and you are in your alternate language, do
it again and you are in your primary language. All you need to implement
this is a 5 second read of your Windows CD, one time only. Simple, no?
No pasting, no typing of codes, no nothing. You can either
learn/remember which keys are changed in the alternate language, or mark
the keycaps in some manner such as little pieces of tape, etc, or even a
fine tip felt marker. That's fewer than a dozen keys for German. I've
used this feature for years when corresponding (poorly!) with my German
friends.

FWIW,
Ed Greeley