Re: [MV] M37 axle-end studs/bolts

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 20:08:14 PDT

>if the hubs on that truck is hard to find a job shop that bores motor
>blocks can burn the broken stud out thay do it with head bolts that
>are broken
>not cheep but with it if the hubs are big bucks
>thay use a small arc of some kind

It's basically s EDM sinker type machine, Elox is one common name you hear
thrown around. Not only engine shops but many die shops (shops that do
mostly die work as opposed to machine shops) have EDM machines that can burn
out taps, drills, studs, or whatever. I've had to have taps burned out
before, cost is about $50 to $100 a hole depending on size and depth.

later,

je