Re:Pearl Harbor

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 20:44:48 PDT

Hey Gang!

    The Arrowhead Chapter of the MVPA set up a great display at the
Hollywood Theater
in Burleson (south of FT Worth) Had 1 GPW, 2 MBs, a Cletrac, a halftrack,
a Dodge
Weapons carrier and a Harley WLA. also set up a table area in the lobby
for everyone to
check out... had a great turn out and good response from the movie goers...
A friend and I
went a saw the movie and its kinda Pearl Harbor meets Titanic... when
Disney makes a
war movie they make it for everyone (ie: love story and the Japs soldiers
not wanting to
wake the "sleeping giant")... the war scenes are good and the
graphics/effects are excellent!
Go see it just for the views from the fighter planes.. but it isn't Saving
Private Ryan :(
A friend of mine with the Confederate Air Force thinks the computer
generated planes
fly too fast... I really didn't notice that.. but I was too busy looking at
the ground vehicles
Jess Minton
42 GPW