3 M37s for sale in Indiana. 1951/1952/1953

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 23:21:51 PDT

Fellow MVers,

I have 3 M37s that I want to sell in a package deal.
One price for all three. All three are located near
Crawfordsville, Indiana. You can view photos of them
at My photo album in Yahoo. The address is
http://photos.yahoo.com/goin_myway
I am asking $4500.00 for all three. They come with
titles. If you need any additional information please
fill free to email me and I will try to answer your
questions. At this point I do not want to sell them
as individual units. Basicly if I can't sell all
three of them at the same time than I will not sell at
all. Now for a discription of the three.

1. 1951 M37 (Red in color) Vin 80009949. I am not
sure but it looks like this one may be one the first
10,000 produce. This one is an ex fire department
vehicle. This is the only one out of the three that
should run however I have not had it started. I
believe the fuel pump is not working. It is a winch
model. A homemade top was added by the fire
department and there is a roll bar inside the cab. The
guy I bought this one from had rolled it on its right
side several years ago and the right bedside is pushed
in somewhat and the rear fender is damaged. There is
no tailgate and no batteries. (Still 24 volt) For the
most part as much as I can tell this is all original.
The engine was rebuilt buy a local mechanic while in
the service of the fire department. I know the
mechanic personally and he is a good one.
2. 1952 M37 Vin 80048857. this one is pretty complete
from what I can tell. It has the complete top parts.
Pioneer rack on the tailgate. This one did not come
with the winch. It does not run but does appear that
it could possibley run as everything is there and the
engine was not locked up when I last moved the crank.
3. 1953 M37 Vin 80252958. An ex Air Force truck. This
one is a parts truck however I think that it is in
good enought shape that one might even restore it. It
is missing the right door, right fender, and the front
leaf springs to mount the front axle back on the
frame. I do have the front axle and rims/tires. This
one also does not run and the engine is not complete.
This unit was a winch model however the winch is gone.

I have several other odds and ends for the M37 and all
will go with the deal. Have a look at the photos and
give me an email if you have any questions. I do not
have any way of shipping the vehicles. So if you want
to purchase them it will be up to you to transport.
As always you are buying in as is condition. Remember
this is Indiana so expect some rust on these trucks
but I don't think it real bad. I think you could
easily have two running M37s out of the three and
maybe even put together the third unit with a little
effort and scrounging up some additional parts.

Thanks for taking a look.
Dan Bever
MVPA 18507
MVPA Indiana chapter 027