Re: [MV] M35 Transmission

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 06:51:22 PDT

Thanks everyone for the help. Cleared up the mystery of the yellow
oil...and that it was in a over fill condition anyway. Someone brought up a
good point on gear lash when installing the PTO. I know the gears on the
transmission are pretty forgiving...but the point on the lash and number of
gaskets used to install the PTO were worth noting.

Does anyone have any input on this matter?

Jon

Note:Sounds like you drained it and it was overfull to begin with. Also I
hope
you have the correct ammount of gaskets between pto & transmission for
proper gear backlash>>>>>>