Re: [MV] MBT questions.

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 06:58:04 PDT

Re: A split axle on a Willys 1942 MBT trailer

This should be OK.

John Marchant in England reported a split axle on his ex-Canadian Army MBT.
John wrote about it and included a photo in his book WORK AND PLAY WITH
EX-MILITARY VEHICLES page 32. He wrote: "the axle joined together in the
centre with a cast sleeve". He reported another fellow in the USA with an
August 1942 built Willys trailer with a split axle.

There is an excellent article in WHEELS AND TRACKS magazine issue # 32 (Has
a colour photo of Reg Hodgson's restored T17E1 Staghound armoured car on the
cover) on Jeep Trailers WWII and post-war. Back issues are still available
and cost about $10 Canadian (about $7 US).

I'm still hoping to get a WWII jeep trailer to tow behind my 1944 Willys
MB - someday.

Colin Macgregor Stevens

NOTE: I lost about 100 messages in early April, 11 or more messages on 2001
APR 30/May 1 and about 10 more on May 16 due to a server problem. If you
sent me a message during that time that was not answered, please resend it.
Thanks.

MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
1942 BSA airborne bicycles (2)