Re: [MV] Truck mounted backhoe/loader

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 22:35:08 PDT

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 12:47:18AM -0400, M37Jumbo@aol.com wrote:
> The Nat'l Guard units are rolling into Ft. Chaffee for summer camp and I
> spotted arig on a rail convoy that completely baffles me. It resembles a
> Unimog the size of a Toyota shortbed except for the 1100/20 tires. It has a
> loader bucket @1 yard size and a backhoe attachment that folds onto the bed
> of the truck. I couldn't find a manufacturer label on anything but the
> tires. Anyone on the list have any info on this rig ?

Those are the Unimog Small Emplacement Excavator (SEE Tractor). They are
Freightliner built Unimog with a Case backhoe. They also have a bunch of
hydraulically driven hand tools (paving breaker, 1" drill, circular saw,
chainsaw, water pump, etc.). They ride horribly with that heavy bucket
up front.

--
Eric Kozowski
Portland, OR