M151 Carbs

From: Trask, Todd (ELG/EGL) (ttrask@gov.nb.ca)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 06:17:15 PDT

I just got an M151A2 that has a crack in the carb near the manifold flange
that someone had gooped over. I saw this prior to purchase and got a second
carb thrown in, but upon inspection I found that the original carb is
stamped Zenith Nbr 13660B and the other is 12848. The bodies look basically
the same except where the fuel feed line enters the carb body. Mine has
about a 30 degree elbow going to the filter, and the other has a 90 degree
elbow, with some old hose and no filter. Mine also had an extra line going
in the fitting on top of the feed elbow. Can anyone shed light on this?
Also, I noticed from the parts diagrams available on TWMURRAY's website,
that the fuel tank has two holes for hardware - the sending unit and the
fuel pickup. My tank has about four fittings similar in size to the sending
unit hole - any suggestions, or will all be made clear when my parts book
arrives?
Regards,
Todd R. Trask
'74 AMG Mutt