Vehicles and Re-enactors wanted/ Louisville, KY/ 9 June 2001

From: Gordon W. Bell (bellsurveying@smithville.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 07:49:44 PDT

Folks,

Sorry about the short notice on this one.

The Reserve Units in the Louisville area are holding a community awareness
day 9 June 2001 at the 100th Division headquarters. Headquarters is located
off the east end of Bowman field on the east side of Louisville. It is VERY
Easy to get to. Take the Cannon Lane Exit off I-64 and it is on about 1/2
mile your right.

There is a fully days activities planned. They are going to stage a civil
war skirmish in the afternoon among other things. Every reserve unit in 50
miles of Louisville is suppose to be participating in one form or another.
They are bringing in a lot of stuff from Ft Know, the 101st demonstration
parachute team will be there, the Army Dragster, etc. The one problem they
are noticing, is that the WWII jeeps that were suppose to be there from Knox
cancelled.

They would like to have more OLD, historical military vehicles there. There
are always a lot of 100th Division WWII vets at these events. I told them
that I would put the word out on this list and see if anyone in the area
would be interested in coming in for the day.

There is going to be a lot of media coverage and I will be surprised if
there are not a few politicians around. This will be a good opportunity for
us to show that we are legitimate historians preserving these vehicles
around folks that will appreciate the effort.

I am trying to get my '67 M-151 ready to take down. I am hoping to have it
done as a Medical Support/ MASH Jeep we'll see if the paint can get here.

Contact person if you are interested is:
KEVIN WILLIAMS
MAJ, GS
SGS 100TH Division
(502)454-2900
e-mail: Kevin.Williams@se.usar.army.mil

I have a little information if you would like more than what is above.

Thanks, Hope to see you there.

Gordon W. Bell
1LT, MSC USAR
XO 7218th MSU