Bondo

From: Trask, Todd (ELG/EGL) (ttrask@gov.nb.ca)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 13:13:36 PDT

My M151A2 has had a serious application of bondo, especially on the hood as
the previous owner did not like the ridges, so he slathered on about 3/8ths
of an inch of bondo to make the hood flat. Some of it has cracked and water
got underneath, so chunks of it were easy to lift off, but the rest is stuck
pretty good to the bare metal underneath. I've had some success getting
chunks off by wacking the backside of the hood with a rubber mallet, but
there are still a lot of areas that won't come away. Does anyone have any
magic solutions for getting this crap off so I can do a decent job of
prepping my hood? Are there any strippers on the market that you can spray
or brush on and let it soak in, or am I going to be grinding it off with
coarse paper?

Regards,
Todd R. Trask
'74 AMG Mutt