Spool up M.A.N. 8X8 M1014s, etc.

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 22:12:00 PDT

Does anyone know if the M.A.N.s get axle spool up common with Saracens and
Ferrets? Also curious, can any of the axles be disengaged for free wheeling
and a little better mileage?

I was told diesel does not go bad, that water contamination may be about the
only thing to worry about, any opinions on that?

( Reason for asking, I'm wondering if I should flush a deuce tank that had
been sitting at auction for 3 months and who knows how long before that.)

Lastly, when I stored the old Ferret last year, I of course did the gas
preservative treatment, but I also mixed a pint of Berryman's Chem tool in
with 10 gallons in the tank. The engine was run for about 5-6 minutes to get
the preserved petrol up in the carb, the carb cleaner (not harmful to seals,
etc.) sat in there for 5 months too. I now have the best running Ferret...
what a difference. Anyway it's a great cleaner,
Berrymans, we've had nothing be excellent results from this product, also I
use it straight as fuel injector cleaner. Works in the crankcase as well...
great way to free up sticky tappets.

Jack Lee