Re: [MV] Pearl Harbour- shurely shome mistakes?

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 07:28:56 PDT

> Actually, there may have been MB/GPW's in Pearl Harbor at the time.
> There is a photo at the Presidio in San Francisco of Chrissy Field (sic)
> showing a fleet of slat grilled MB's, presumably slated for Pearl Harbor.
> The Presidio was a major point of embarkation anything bound for
> the Pacific theatre.

There definitely wasn't any GPWs.... ;) I would be curious as to the date
of the photo and whether they all had the low windshield. It isn't out of
the realm of possibility of MBs being there. But being in DOD, my
experience with logistics is that it takes a while to ship something of that
size around in a routine manner. Most period photos I have seen from Pearl
Harbor of that time show the other "jeep", the 1/2-ton Dodges....

It certainly was better to see some later MB/GPWs than to see the M38/M38A1s
(you see some of these from the back)... At least they were from the right
war....

Todd.