RE: [MV] Can You ID My New M35A2 Truck?

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 17:10:14 PDT

1. Appears to be a turbo, (my best guess) but you can't actually see the
turbo unit in the picture.

2. Does have an airshift transfer case.

3. LDT465-1C or LDT465-1D. You have to look at the ID plate on the engine
to find out which. The difference is negligible (extra-hardened valve seats
or some such thing).

4. Can't tell without the VIN. It appears to be fairly new, like 1970 or
1971. I would guess that it is an AM General just from the general
appearance. It has (or has had) the AM General grab handle on the hood.

5. It looks like it has an automatic ether injector for cold weather
starting. It also has a cab heater. The last Modification Work Order was
completed in Sept, 1990. It does have a complete cab bow set for the
softop. It has West Coast mirrors with spot mirrors implying a later
production truck.

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402