Re: [MV] Can You ID My New M35A2 Truck?

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 17:28:11 PDT

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 03:15:44PM -0700, Jim Newton wrote:

> Hello All...
>
> I can't believe how helpful the folks on this list have been in the
> last two days! I have gotten lots of great advice on my new M35A2 and
> even scored a pair of CUCV bucket seats!
>
> Anyway, I was just talking with a guy from this list on the phone and
> he thinks that my new M35A2 may have a turbo and an air shift front
> axle.
>
> So I need help from you.
>
> Can you take a look at the truck on eBay:
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=591572881&r=0&t=0
>
> and then answer the following questions?
>
> 1.) Does it have a turbo?

yes.

> 2.) Does it have an air shift axle?

yes. in the picture of the cab interior, i can see the air lever.

> 3.) What engine does it have?

either LDT-465-1C or -1D

> 4.) What year is it?

no way to tell from the info on the ebay page. you can usually decode they
year from the serial number. i think joe young has a rough conversion table.

> 5.) Any other interesting features of note you see?

it looks like it has fairly new windsield glass and frames, which is good.
it also appears to have a cab heater. you need a soft top. :-)

--
Eric Kozowski
Portland, OR