WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #62 & #63

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:29:51 PDT

Well, for the first time in 50 + years the body is green again. (Insert
Bill Benson's patented "Happy Dance" here.)

Friday night I added a water filter just before the gun, used less reducer
in the primer mix and gave it a go. Minor improvement, but still pretty
rough, so I changed tips on the gun (finer DeVilbiss tip) and this made a
bigger difference. I still needed to sand the whole thing down afterwards,
but it was easy sanding for the most part.

Saturday night I air swept as much dust away as possible, then wiped
everything down with Naphtha again. Then I mixed the Gillespie Lusterless
"Khaki" Olive Drab #34087 and painted away. This stuff sure goes on better
than that primer. First coat is on, inside and out. No runs, but some
areas will need to be sanded and otherwise touched up before the second coat.

All in all I'm very happy with the paint. Second coat tonight or tomorrow.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall