RE: [MV] D Day, tanks and a quip

From: Pedersen, Norm (C) (norm.pedersen@connext.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 15:05:33 PDT

I heard a radio interview this morning with a man who was offshore on D-Day
in an LCSS [which evidently is a landing craft equiped to shell the German
mortar and machinegun emplacements on shore]. I forget the military
definition for LCSS but he said they called them Landing Craft Suicide
Squad. They were shelling the positions prior to the landing. His comment
was that "it was kinda like the 4th of July" !! And when the DJ asked about
being hit in the shoulder by a machinegun round he said "it hurt a little".

Those guys sure have my respect.

Norm Pedersen
no MV yet but looking.