YAK Re: [MV] D Day Wreckage on Discovery 2 night...RANT

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 02:04:34 PDT

Ron,

I'd like to add a few thoughts to your rant.

- Given that its the US that have given the world the philosophy that
monetary profit is the only way to judge a man's success, why do you complain
about someone making a profit, whatever the means ?

- Diving/digging for battlefield scrap has been going on in Normandy since
1945; Up to now, I have heard no complain from you; is that because the
bodies disturbed up to now were mainly German ?

I know the German Government still runs the Soldatenfriedhof organization,
dedicated to identifying/properly burrying any German body recovered on
ancient battlefields; maybe you should get something similar running.

- I seem to remember the recent raising of a submarine from the War between
the States, and did not remember your ranting then.
Why were you not complaining about those who raised submarine wreckage in US
waters, and those WITH human bodies inside ?

- IF there are bodies there, and IF the US Government really wanted to do
something for them, why did it not organize a proper search and burial for
them ?

- And last of all, you claim there are US bodies there; the people who were
diving there say there were not. Do you have any evidence ?

Your ball,

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.

--
  Sodd's Second Law:
  Sooner or later, the worst possible set of circumstances is bound to occur.